LTP07 has been confirmed to run from 2022-04-11T00:00:00Z until 2022-06-27T00:00:00.000Z.
Orbital context (with RSW placement decided at SWT #29)
Plots are in GSE (geocentric solar ecliptic) coordinates, so Earth is at [0,0], the Sun is at [1,0]. The plot is the projection of the orbit on the ecliptic plane.
New definition for the grey shading representing downlink rates:
- white = maximum downlink rate at which you can empty the SSMM in ~10 days
- light-grey = SSMM fill state decreases with everyone operating at EID-A rates
- mid-grey = SSMM fill state increases within RSW (10 instruments operating) and decreases outside RSW (IS-only breakeven rate < downlink rate < inside-RSW breakeven rate )
- dark-grey = SSMM fill state increases with just IS operating (downlink rate < IS-only breakeven rate)
RS checkout window placement
No RS windows in this period.
GAMs and conjunctions
Science and calibration planning
Note the text in red highlights adjustments still to be made in SOOP Kitchen plan during Long Term Planning
- 15 May 2022 (TBC): MAG calibration roll (13 revolutions)
- 23 April 2022 (TBC): SPICE Out-Of-Field calibration (CALIB_OFFPOI_OOF) involving off-pointing to East limb
- 13 June 2022 (TBC): Metis + SPICE + EUI star calibration featuring Omega Sco, HD 144470. Involves off-pointing to East and West limb for SPICE and EUI/HRI.
- 7-18 June 2022: Metis star calibrations featuring various calibration starts in Scorpio (beta, delta, omega).
Coordinated science (and cross-calibration) campaigns:
- 1-3 June 2022: Metis will roll to 48.6degree to minimise the distance between its FOV and PSP close to quadrature
SOOP Kitchen plan
Starting point for LTP07 planning: to be added after LTP7 event files have been received from MOC (start Jan 2021)
Final plan LTP07: to be added after review by SOWG and closeout by SOC (Feb 2022)