LTP08 is running from 2022-06-27T00:00:00 until 2022-09-26T00:00:00.
Plots are in GSE (geocentric solar ecliptic) coordinates, so Earth is at [0,0], the Sun is at [1,0]. The plot is the projection of the orbit on the ecliptic plane.
Animated Version: Orbit_GSE_2022H2.mp4
Definition for the grey shading representing downlink rates:
- white = maximum downlink rate at which you can empty the SSMM in ~10 days
- light-grey = SSMM fill state decreases with everyone operating at EID-A rates
- mid-grey = SSMM fill state increases within RSW (10 instruments operating) and decreases outside RSW (IS-only breakeven rate < downlink rate < inside-RSW breakeven rate )
- dark-grey = SSMM fill state increases with just IS operating (downlink rate < IS-only breakeven rate)
RS window placement
No RS windows in this period
GAMs and conjunctions
- Venus GAM-3 on 2022-09-03 to 04. The associated navigation window with regular Trajectory Manoeuvre Corrections runs from 2022-08-01 to 2022-09-12.
- Superior conjunction (i.e. no data downlink) from 2022-09-23 to 2022-10-04 (ends outside LTP8)
- Also note that S/C will be rolled to 60 degrees wrt the orbital plane from 2022-09-02 to 07
Science and calibration planning
- 2022-09-22 00:00: PHI/EUI flatfield calibration for full disk telescopes (CALIB_OFFPOI_FLATFIELD)
- Metis star calibrations (nominal disk centre pointing):
- Theta Oph around 9 July
- Sigma Sgr around 7 August
- HD 210424 around 17 September
Coordinated science (and cross-calibration) campaigns:
- 2022-07-04: SA characterisation. This is a SA movement so it shouldn't go close to major IS activity, but otherwise is relatively low impact.
SOOP Kitchen plan
Starting point for LTP08 planning in SOWG: https://solarorbiter.esac.esa.int/soopkitchen/#/planning/plan/LTP08_Jun2022-Sep2022/541