The MLP plan, as scheduled in SOOP Kitchen (MLP_Cruise) has been simulated, in two versions:
- SOOP Kitchen "Baseline 4" contains the baseline schedule as agreed during the PI telecon of 16 April(*). In this version, EUI and PHI do not have a proper contribution in the roll campaign requested by Metis and SoloHI (EUI has placeholder but almost no TM)
- We also modelled a slightly modified timeline with EUI and PHI contributions to the roll campaign, with 144 MiB as requested by EUI and (tentatively) the same amount for PHI.
Note that this updated timeline has not yet been transferred completely to SOOP Kitchen. The EUI contribution has been added to the most recent version, the PHI one not yet.
In both versions, some extra passes for RS downlink have been added after RSCW2 and RSCW3 on top of the 3 passes per week for IS. See SOOP Kitchen for details.
(*) Note: MLP_Cruise baseline 4 contains 1 fix in STIX timeline with respect to baseline 3 at time of telecon: STIX contribution during RSCW3 adjusted to window length and LL contribution added
Following results were obtained:
The simulation of the baseline schedule (in point 1 above) works without problems. The simulation results are almost identical to previous rounds of MLP simulations for Cruise.
- Note that high data latency is expected during most of Cruise, due to the low downlink rates as most of the Cruise trajectory is at the opposite side of the Sun.
- Fill states IS and RS payload: No overrunning stores, though IS stores fill up almost completely. To be addressed at LTP if necessary.
- Data latency IS and RS payload: Up to 209 days (SWA) and 155 days (MAG) for IS payload. Up to 56 days for RS payload (Metis).
Note that RS data come down in time for next RSCW, except in case of RSCW2 and 3 which are too close together, at backside Sun.
The second simulation, including EUI and PHI contributions to the roll campaign in RSCW2 works as well.
- Only significant difference is that EUI and PHI have to wait a little longer after RSCW3, to get all data down from RSCW2+3.
- All data retrieved from RSCW2+3 with 9 days extra delay for both PHI and EUI (to be confirmed at LTP)
- There are no negative side-effects on other instrumentation. IS latency remains unchanged.
Based on those results, we ask the PIs:
- Confirmation of the plan, incl. contributions for EUI and PHI to roll campaign RSCW2. Confirmation of PHI required TM volume.
- Confirmation of dates for the roll campaign: at start of RSCW2 or at the end to allow PHI to thermally relax FDT.
- Formal confirmation of the dates for RS checkout windows and campaigns requiring SC manoeuvres.
- Formal confirmation that we can go ahead with formal request of extra passes, SC manoeuvres and RSCWs to MOC and ESTRACK.