(To be merged with 188.8.131.52 after the LTP planning exercise during SOWG#8.)
Operational requirements table:
YES / NO / Not required / MAYBE / GOOD TO HAVE / NUMBERS
|Duration of the observations||A few days.|
|High latitude||Yes||Low and high latitude.|
|Solar cycle dependence||Yes|
|Linkage science||Yes||For its relation to the slow wind.|
|Far side observations||No|
|Earth observations||Good to have.|
|SPP||Good to have.|
|Instruments||SoloHI, EUI, PHI, METIS, SPICE|
- SoloHI: Contribute (mode: synoptic+shock+turbulence), no min. obs time, all distances.
- EUI, EUI synoptic mode (S). FSI 304, long duration, intermediate cadence 10 min.
- Target:Coronal holes, coronal hole boundaries, quiet Sun, active regions
- Observing mode: Composition mapping (with possibility to measure Doppler velocities) and possible mosaic for connectivity
Slit: 6” or 30” (for faster maps which the max FOV)
- Exposure time/cadence and number of X positions: 180 s, X=160 or X=32
- Field of View: 16’×11’ (with the 6” slit), 16’×14’ (with the 30” slit)
- Number of repetitions of the study: 2 (using the 6” slit) or 10 (using the 30” slit)
- Observation time: 16 hours (8 hours per study using the 6” slit or 1.6 hours per study using the 30” slit)
- Key SPICE lines to be included: Ne VIII 770 Å, Ne VIII 780 Å, Mg IX 706 Å, O II 718 Å, O IV 787 Å, O V 760.4 Å, O V 761 Å, O VI 1032 Å, O VI 1037 Å, Ne VI 999 Å, Ne VI 1010 Å, Mg VIII 772 Å, Mg VIII 782 Å, C III 977 Å, Fe III 1017 Å - 2 profiles and 13 intensities or 4 profiles and 11 intensities (maximum of 15)
- Observing window preference: High and low latitude, perihelion
- Other instruments: EUI, PHI, SoloHI
- Comments: The choice of lines, and also the number of intensities and profiles, is flexible, although the sum of the intensities and profiles is constrained to a maximum (e.g 15 for composition mapping). While varying the number of intensities and profiles, within the maximum, has no effect on the duration of the study, it will have an effect on the telemetry.
FDT medium-high resolution data
1024 x 1024 – 2048 x 2048
Ic, B, γ, φ
PHI operating mode
HRT high resolution data
2048 x 2048
Ic, vLOS, B, γ, φ (interlaced with raw data)
perihelion, polar passage
PHI operating mode
- METIS: Measurement of the electron density through the polarised brightness in VL (580-640 nm) in the field of view 1.5-2.9 degrees to derive the evolution of the magnetic field topology from the global corona evolution in different time-scales.
- Global maps of the electron density in corona/coronal configuration.
- MAGTOP (min. obs time 2 hr, data volume ≤ 480 Mb)
- GLOBAL (min. obs time 2 hr, data volume ≤ 300 Mb)
Repeated each half a day in one observation window.
- Other instruments: PHI, EUI, SoloHI, MAG, SWA.