Safe Mode Comms Blackout
Largest Comms Roll
This orbit has been exercised during the SOWG8 PlanningExercise2016_withResults.pptx.
Start of the RSW is beyond 0.55AU so we can offpoint with Metis still observing. This fits the requirements of:
- R_SMALL_HRES_LCAD_Composition_-vs_-Height (streamer case for which we need Metis)
- L_SMALL_HRES_MCAD_Suprathermal_Popul for objective 18.104.22.168 Role of shocks in generating SEPs.
We could choose several limb pointings and switch between them during few days.
MTP7 - perihelion:
- R_SMALL_HRES_HCAD_AR_-Dynamics would fit at start of perihelion (good TM)
- Objectives requiring Metis & SoloHI to observe Earth-directed Transients, as SolO is in quadrature with SoloHI looking towards Earth:
- L_FULL_HRES_HCAD_Eruption_-Watch, or alternatively:
- L_FULL_HRES_HCAD_Coronal_-Dynamics (similar as above but less on-disk activities)
- Combine with connection science goals on slow solar wind sources. These require modelling to find the most likely connection point.
SOOPs L_SMALL_MRES_MCAD_Connection_Mosaic combined with L_SMALL_HRES_HCAD_SlowWindConnection (higher res/cadence RS to explore source region in more detail) or L_SMALL_MRES_MCAD_Ballistic-connection
If we happen to point at a coronal hole boundary, also the SOOP L_SMALL_HRES_LCAD_CH_Boundary_Expansion fits.
MTP7 - Perihelion+ North: these 2 concatenated windows could also be used for L_FULL_LRES_MCAD_Coronal_-Synoptic SOOP
Modelled in SAP v0:
- L_SMALL_MRES_MCAD_Connection_Mosaic (~3hr/day) interleaved with L_SMALL_HRES_HCAD_SlowWindConnection (~21hrs/day)
(can be modelled in 2 big blocks, i.e. ~1 day of first SOOP and 9 days of 2nd SOOP)
- if it turns out there is extra TM available, we model R_SMALL_HRES_HCAD_AR_-Dynamics on the 1st day of perihelion RSW
MTP7 - north: L_FULL_LRES_MCAD_Coronal_-Synoptic throughout RSW