3.3.1 What are the properties and distribution of suprathermal seed populations?
188.8.131.52 Characterization of the suprathermal population
- Solar wind ions
- Flare populations
- Gradual SEP events
- Pickup ions
- Other particle populations
184.108.40.206 Characterize the suprathermal elemental and charge-state composition as a function of energy (Fisk and Gloeckler, 2007), time (Desai et al., 2006a,b), and location.
220.127.116.11 Role of shocks in generating SEPs: comparison between the composition of suprathermal ions near the shocks and that of energetic particles. Distinction for quasi-perpendicular and quasi-parallel shocks. Spectroscopic observations of CME shocks’ line profiles. Visible light and UV observations of shocks in the inner corona.
- SWA, SWA Triggered Mode, SWA Burst Mode (Scheduled), 5 min captures of shock near perihelion or several days during SEP evolution in normal mode, other instruments: ALL.
- SoloHI: Contribute (mode: shock+synoptic), no min. obs time, all distances, w/ in situ, METIS.
- EPD: All sensors: spectra, composition, fluxes, directional information, together with IS instruments. Solar source identification by RS instruments (full disk imaging). Also coordinated multi-s/c SEP observation campaigns with SPP & other missions.
- All instruments.
- 5 min captures of shock near perihelion or several days during SEP evolution in normal mode.
- Near perihelion.