- Explore the type III radio bursts delays (Krucker et al., 1999; Haggerty and Roelof, 2002). Possible explanations:
- 1) Propagation effects in the interplanetary medium (Cane and Erickson, 2003).
- 2) Delayed acceleration by large-scale coronal transient (EIT or Moreton) waves or by shock waves associated with narrow CMEs (Simnett et al., 2002; Rouillard et al., 2012). Also for non-impulsive SEP events.
- 3) Coronal magnetic restructuring in the aftermath of CMEs (Maia and Pick, 2004; Klein et al. 2005; van Driel-Gesztelyi et al., 2014).
- For 1: SWA, SWA Normal Mode, several hours, perihelion, other instruments: RPW, MAG, EPD, STIX.
- EPD: All sensors: spectra, composition, fluxes, directional information, together with IS instruments. Solar source identification by RS instruments (full disk imaging). Also coordinated multi-s/c SEP observation campaigns with SPP & other missions.
- For 1: Several hours.
- For 1: Perihelion.