- How shocks can accelerate electrons to relativistic energies (never observed for shocks near 1 AU)? Is a more energetic seed population necessary?
- SWA, SWA Normal Mode, several hours, perihelion, other instruments: RPW, MAG, EPD.
- EPD: All sensors: spectra, composition, fluxes, directional information, together with IS instruments. Solar source identification by RS instruments (full disk imaging). Also coordinated multi-s/c SEP observation campaigns with SPP & other missions.
- METIS: (TO BE REVIEWED, not in line with RS full disk imaging requirement from EPD input): Measurement of coronal outflow velocity and density in corona to identify the shock front. Measurement of shock passage timing relative to the flare occurrence.
- CME velocity maps
- CME density maps
- CME directionality
- CME flag
- GLOBAL (before the event, if possible), min. obs time 2 hr, data volume ≤ 300 Mb.
- CMEOBS, starts after CME flag rise, min. obs time 1 hr (high cadence, 1 min), data volume ~ 2.137 Gb.
- GLOBAL (after the event), min. obs time 2 hr, data volume ≤ 300 Mb.
- Other instruments: PHI, EUI, STIX, SoloHI, MAG, SWA, EPD, RPW.
- Several hours.