3.3.1 What are the properties and distribution of suprathermal seed populations?
22.214.171.124 Characterization of the suprathermal population
- Solar wind ions
- Flare populations
- Gradual SEP events
- Pickup ions
- Other particle populations
126.96.36.199 Characterize the suprathermal elemental and charge-state composition as a function of energy (Fisk and Gloeckler, 2007), time (Desai et al., 2006a,b), and location.
188.8.131.52 Role of shocks in generating SEPs: comparison between the composition of suprathermal ions near the shocks and that of energetic particles. Distinction for quasi-perpendicular and quasi-parallel shocks. Spectroscopic observations of CME shocks’ line profiles. Visible light and UV observations of shocks in the inner corona.
- SWA, SWA Triggered Mode, SWA Burst Mode (Scheduled), 5 min captures of shock near perihelion or several days during SEP evolution in normal mode, other instruments: ALL.
- SoloHI: Contribute (mode: shock+synoptic), no min. obs time, all distances, w/ in situ, METIS.
- EPD: Mainly SIS composition data (and HET for high energy events).
- All instruments.
- 5 min captures of shock near perihelion or several days during SEP evolution in normal mode.
- Near perihelion.