- Current sheets inferred by determining the magnetic field geometries at local chromospheric heating sites (Fletcher et al., 2001).
Operational requirements table:
YES / NO / Not required / MAYBE / GOOD TO HAVE / NUMBERS
|Duration of the observations||?|
|Solar cycle dependence||Good to have|
|Multiple orbits||Good to have|
|Far side observations||No|
|Earth observations||Good to have|
|Instruments||SoloHI, PHI, METIS, SPICE, EUI|
- SoloHI: Contribute (mode: synoptic+shock+turbulence), no min. obs time, all distances.
- EUI, Lyman-alpha
- Target: Mostly active regions but not only
- Observing mode: Dynamics
- Slit: 2'' and 4''
- Exposure time/cadence and number of X positions: 5 s, X=480 and X=224
- Field of View: 16’×11’ and 15’×11’
- Number of repetitions of the study: 10 and 5
- Observation time: 7 hours (0.7 hours per study with 2” slit) and 1.6 hours (0.3 hours per study with 4” slit)
- Key SPICE lines to be included: H I 1025 Å, C II 1036 Å, C III 977 Å, O VI 1032 Å, Ne VIII 770 Å, (Mg IX 706 Å), Si XII 520 Å (x2) – 10 lines (4 profiles and 6 intensities)
- Observing window preference:
- Other instruments: EUI(?), METIS, PHI, SoloHI
-The choice of lines, and also the number of intensities and profiles, is flexible, although the sum of the intensities and profiles is constrained to a maximum (e.g 15 for composition mapping). While varying the number of intensities and profiles, within the maximum, has no effect on the duration of the study, it will have an effect on the telemetry.
- Possible binning on Y direction (groups of 2 pixels or 4 pixels)
FDT medium-high resolution data
1024 x 1024 – 2048 x 2048
Ic, B, γ, φ
PHI operating mode
HRT high resolution data
2048 x 2048
Ic, vLOS, B, γ, φ (interlaced with raw data)
perihelion, polar passage
PHI operating mode
- METIS: Measurement of the electron density through the polarised brightness in VL (580-640 nm) in the field of view 1.5-2.9 degrees to derive the evolution of the magnetic field topology from the global corona evolution in different time-scales.
- Global maps of the electron density in corona/coronal configuration.
- MAGTOP (min. obs time 2 hr, data volume ≤ 480 Mb)
- GLOBAL (min. obs time 2 hr, data volume ≤ 300 Mb)
Repeated each half a day in one observation window.
- Other instruments: PHI, EUI, SoloHI, MAG, SWA.