Plots are in GSE (geocentric solar ecliptic) coordinates, so Earth is at [0,0], the Sun is at [1,0]. The plot is the projection of the orbit on the ecliptic plane.
5th orbit in NMP, 3 RS windows, reaching max latitude 13º.
RS window (default) placement
Safe Mode Comms Blackout
Largest Comms Roll
MTP 9 - South:Start of the RSW is beyond 0.55AU so we can offpoint with Metis still observing. This fits the requirements of:
- R_SMALL_HRES_LCAD_Composition-vs-Height (streamer case for which we need Metis)
- L_SMALL_HRES_MCAD_Suprathermal_Popul for objective 184.108.40.206 Role of shocks in generating SEPs.
- L_SMALL_MRES_MCAD_Connection-Mosaic interleaved with L_SMALL_MRES_MCAD_Ballistic-connection
We could choose several limb pointings and switch between them during few days.
- MTP9 - perihelion: Objectives requiring Metis & SoloHI to observe Earth-directed Transients, as SolO is in quadrature with SoloHI looking towards Earth:
- MTP9 - Perihelion+ North: these 2 concatenated windows could also be used for L_FULL_LRES_MCAD_Coronal-Synoptic SOOP (with current definition, this SOOP includes L_FULL_HRES_MCAD_CME_SEPs, TBC on SoloHI's contribution)
Modelled in SAP v0:
I_DEFAULT outside of RSwindows, L_IS_STIX on inside all RSwindows
We are close to solar max so higher chance for eruptions:
MTP9 - South: 2 days of limb pointing (start RSW):
- 1 day R_SMALL_HRES_LCAD_Composition_vs_Height
- 1 day L_SMALL_HRES_MCAD_Suprathermal_Popul
- 1 day L_SMALL_MRES_MCAD_Connection_Mosaic
- 7 days L_SMALL_MRES_MCAD_Ballistic_Connection (in reality the mosaics and ballistic connection are interleaved, however this is too much detail for modelling at this stage.)
MTP9 - perihelion:
1 day of L_FULL_HRES_HCAD_Eruption_Watch at start, and 1 repetition on day 5
-> prioritize 1or2 events in EUI and PHI buffers, to be flushed after 2nd SOOP instance. Metis keeps max 2 CMEs per day.
Rest of the window (8 days) we schedule L_FULL_LRES_MCAD_Coronal-Synoptic